Since Miso alpha launched 2-months ago, new technology platforms have emerged creating even more innovative opportunities to be built on top of people’s entertainment experiences. The iPad launched on April 3rd and this week we saw even a new set of opportunities that were built on top of Google TV. All of this innovation is a result of new consumer behavior in the way that people consume media – watching TV with a laptop, watching TV with an iPhone and Android device, and now watching TV with an iPad.
Social TV is here. We are building a “second screen” that makes watching TV more social and more fun on top of all these platforms. No matter where you consume media – on the TV, on a laptop, on a computer, Miso will be your second screen.
We would like to share a couple of key announcements:
- We closed our seed financing! We are taking the “Foursquare for TV” idea to a whole new level. We’re excited about our seed financing from some great investors including Keith Rabois, Jawed Karim, and ex-Googlers Georges Harik, Richard Chen, Thomas Korte, Kurt Abrahamson, and more. With this money, we will expand our growth into more platforms, provide even richer experiences on the Miso platform, and create a magical second screen experience.
- New advisors. We are also excited to add to our existing advisory team, Keith Rabois(also an investor). Keith brings extensive social and consumer internet experience from his work at Slide, LinkedIn and PayPal.
- We are launching our first web version of GoMiso.com: We’re not just an iPhone app anymore. Check out our early version of Miso for the web. Check it out here.
- Check-In and share what you’re watching to Facebook & Twitter
- Unlock badges for checking in to your favorite movies & shows
- Search & browse shows and see who else has checked in
- See your Miso check-in history including what shows you’ve watched, badges you’ve earned, and much more
We are aware of a number of issues, and will be fixing them constantly, but wanted to get the web version out there so we can hear more from you!
Here are some screenshots: